Experience the most comprehensive nutrition coaching at gym. Our coaches will guide you through a program specifically designed to get you results and provide you with the knowledge and guidance needed to make changes that can last the rest of your life. We will work with you to create healthy habits that will transform you.
Basic Steps to a Healthy Diet
Although there are different food pyramids for you to choose from, the challenge is to pick one, then create an eating plan that embraces healthy food. No matter which specific diet or pyramid you choose, the basic steps to good nutrition come from a diet that:
- is balanced overall, with foods from all groups, with lots of delicious fruits, vegetables, and grains
- is low in saturated fat and cholesterol and moderate in total fat intake (less than 10 percent of your daily calories should come from saturated fat, and less than 30 percent of your daily calories should come from total fat)
- includes a variety of grains daily, especially whole grains, a good source of fiber.
- includes enough fruits and vegetables (a variety of each, five to nine servings each day).
- has a small number of calories from added sugars (like in candy, cookies, and cakes).
- has foods prepared with less sodium or salt (aim for no more than 2,400 milligrams of sodium per day, or about one teaspoon of salt per day for a healthy heart)